June 11, 2018
USPS to Retire the Centralized Accounting Processing System (CAPS) – Effective April 1, 2019
The Postal Service has launched a new payment processing platform called Enterprise Payment System (EPS). EPS supports multiple payment options, including mobile check deposit, offers more reporting features, and allows customers to manage multiple USPS business functions under one account.
Eligible Products and Services include First-Class Mail®, Letters, Cards, and Flats, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service, USPS Marketing Mail™, Letters, Flats, and Parcels, Parcel Select®, Media Mail®, Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Periodicals, International Products, Business Reply Mail (BRM), and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM®), submitted via hard copy, eDoc (Mail.dat/Mail.XML), Postal Wizard or the Intelligent Mail® small business (IMsb) Tool, PO Box, Caller & Reserve Services (EPOBOL), and Address Quality Products (AEC, AECII and ACS™).
Products not currently supported include Electronic Verification System (eVS®), Parcel Return Service (PRS), PC Postage®, Scan Based Payment (SBP), Merchandise Return Service (MRS), Official Mail Accounting System (OMAS), Premium Forwarding Service Commercial (PFSC™), Share Mail®, and Intelligent Mail barcode Accounting (IMbA). Customers utilizing these products will be continue to be supported through CAPS.
Effective September 1, 2018, new payment accounts must be established through EPS. Effective April 1, 2019, eligible CAPS accounts must be migrated to EPS, although customers are encouraged to migrate sooner.
Mail Entry and Business Mailer Support is hosting a series of informational sessions on EPS and the migration process:
- When: Occurs every Tuesday 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM EST
- Webex: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=mb2fa637535b3d99a3c91879db494ff8f
- Call-in toll-free number (US): 1-855-860-7461
- Conference Code: 358 251 5082
For more information:
- Visit PostalPro Enterprise Payment System Page: https://postalpro.usps.com/eps
- For more EPS benefits and how to create an EPS account review the Enterprise Payment System Account Creation Fact Sheet: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPS/MigrationFactSheet
To sign-up today contact:
- Your local Business Mail Entry Unit (BMEU): https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-bme.cfm
- PostalOne! Helpdesk